Monday, May 20, 2013

It's Go Time

This post is coming at you from Miami. In a few minutes I'll be boarding a plane for 6 weeks in Barcelona, Spain. Why did I choose Barcelona out of all the places in the world I could study abroad? I've never been to Europe, and I wanted to spend my summer in a European city where I could experience new things in all aspects of culture. Plus, I needed another Spanish credit so I thought this program just fit.

I'll be living with a host family and have two roommates from UT. The IES Center, where I am taking classes, is about a 25 minute train commute from the apartment where I'm staying. Luckily, I know a little bit of Spanish, but there will definitely be a language barrier. The Spanish course I'm taking should also help. In addition, I'll be taking an international marketing class.

Am I anxious? Kind of. But what's life without new experiences? I think this will be an interesting and eventful change of scenery considering I've always lived in the Lone Star State. I'll let ya know how it's going after a 9 hour nap and a quick jump across the Atlantic. For now, I'll be at TGI Fridayi's finishing my last American meal for awhile.

¡Y otro va en el gabiente de archivos!