Thursday, May 23, 2013

"Sunset" Cruise

If you're reading this post on michaelfaaron.com, then follow this link to start reading on Blogger. For some reason my website is having some problems with the blog.

Last night I went out with some friends, so I got a late start today. I guess I got lucky because my classes don't start until 1:00. I know people who have class at 9:00 am, so this is definitely a relief. I had Spanish for a couple of hours today, where we are working on some basic things like phrases to use in restaurants, stores, etc. I got lucky two semesters in a row because my Spanish teacher is extremely nice.

After Spanish I went to eat tapas for the first time. They were very good. I then ran back to my homestay to relax for a few minutes before leaving for the "sunset" cruise. I use quotation marks because the cruise was from 6-8, and ended long before sunset. Not to complain, but it was a bust for the following reasons:

  • It was boring
  • I got sea sick
  • There was not free wine like the poster implied there would be
  • We just went up and down the coast a few times
Rough Waters
Top level of the boat

Due to my sea sickness I went to the lower level of the boat. I ended up putting my head down on a table and fell asleep for a few minutes. Not only do I fall asleep in movies all the time, but I also tend to fall asleep on boats because the same thing happening when I visited the Statue of Liberty.

I went to a restaurant with some friends after the cruise and tried paella for the first time. Paella is a rice dish that many times consists of seafood. I stuck to chicken, and it was probably my favorite meal here so far.

That pretty much sums up my day. I probably won't be blogging everyday from this point on, but I'll be sure to update with the highlights.